Lanko prides itself in a loyal and dedicated grower base who is committed to produce quality fruit in order to satisfy the needs of all customers, abroad and locally. All producers delivering fruit to Lanko are GlobalGAP accredited. Lanko is dedicated to pack and market quality fruit which meets the necessary food safety requirements and was awarded with an A grade certificate for BRC Global Standard for Food Safety.
On receiving the produce from the farms, the fruit is immediately placed under either regular atmosphere cooling or controlled atmosphere cooling conditions. Strict temperature control protocols and procedures are managed, from the point where the produce is received in bulk bins to where the packed fruit is dispatched to the clients/customers, thereby maintaining the cold chain and preserving fruit quality. Lanko has the necessary automated monitoring systems in place to ensure that all cold room facilities are monitored 24 hours a day. Lanko has the capacity to store almost 30 % of the total crop in Controlled Atmosphere cold rooms, thus enabling the marketing personnel to supply the international and domestic markets with good quality fresh fruit throughout the year.
Lanko has implemented a quality control system throughout the cooling and packing process to ensure that the fruit quality standards of our clients/customers are met. Fruit is packed on highly sophisticated electronic fruit grading and sizing equipment. All staff members are duly trained in the handling of fruit and fruit quality standards. After packing fruit is re-cooled and stored in cold rooms. Re-cooling is done by means of forced air-cooling tunnels. Furthermore, the cold room facility is able to perform steri-cooling for clients and/or markets who require this procedure.
- Eight regular atmosphere cold storage room with a capacity of 35,290 bulk bins
- Twelve forced cooling tunnels, with a capacity of 696 pallets, apart from manual pre-cooling tunnels which can be erected within other cold rooms
- Twenty CA cold storage rooms with a capacity of 22,400 bulk bins, including an electronic automated control system and nitrogen generating plant
- Three highly sophisticated electronic grading, sorting and packing lines with robotic tippers and infeed and sorting lines to ensure the soft handling of fruit
- Packing lines are equipped with cameras and intelligent quality systems to ensure the consistent quality, colour and size grading of fruit.
- Under roof loading facilities with plug-in points for containers
- Bulk fruit weighing, washing and drenching facilities
- Paltrack management information system, a production and stock system which enables a full traceability on any product chosen, forward to the market destination and backwards to the orchard and picking date
- Mechanical workshops and packaging material storage facilities